An Educational Seminar, presented in your clinical setting - Treatment of "Hard Lymphedemas".
After 29 years' practice, experience and research in this speciality, I am teaching:
Comprehensive Treatment of Lymphedema, Venous Problems and Edemas Associated with Wounds, Trauma, Injury and Surgery.
The seminar will address:
- Criteria for gradient bandaging
- Step-by-step Gradient Bandaging, patient specific
- Fluid volume through circumferential measurements
- Skin Care - products to use
- Gradient Sequential pneumatic pumps
Gradient Compression Garments (GCG)
- Use: Indications and Contraindications
- Proper settings - distal to proximal
- Detailed home instructions for patient self-care
Manuel Lymph Drainage (MLD):
- Anatomy & Physiology of GCG
- What garment is best - condition and patient specific
- Daily Care & Use
- Patient instructions in self care while wearing GCG
Directional Flow Garments (DFG):
- Clinical and patient self MLD
Nutritional needs - do's and don'ts
Exercise - patient and condition specific
Shoes & custom orthotics - Why these are important.
A Case Study - a 2-week success story
- Criteria for use
This seminar is a full day with an educational power point presentation followed by practicum.
Contact me to schedule a day and time for this important educational experience.
Phyllis Tubbs-Gingerich 408-782-1028